Monday, November 4, 2013

Our Mini Weekend Trip to Disney

This weekend we went on a mini vacation with my biological dad and his family He has 2 kids with my stepmom, an awesome 14 year old little bro (that towers way above me) and my sweet 12 year old baby sister. We go to Disney World with them every year around the end of October (some day I will post my Disney world tips). I was super excited this year because we were taking Seth. He went last year but had NO clue what was going on.

In case you don't know, my little guy is totally obsessed with Mickey Mouse. He gets a huge smile and starts
giggling when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse comes on. He had a Mickey birthday party. He sleeps with a stuffed blue Mickey. He loves anything Mickey. So yes, I was super excited to take him to see Mickey. 

We were supposed to go to Disney Saturday and then hang out at the timeshare place with my Dad Sunday, but God had other plans. It rained and was cold (ok Florida cold, but we consider it cold). So we just hung out. Seth played with his Papa. We watched football. In case you don't know, we are a huge college football family. Isaiah (and his whole family) live and breath University of Florida. I am an Auburn fan (though no where near the caliber of my husband and in laws). My baby brother is a HUGE Miami fan. So we had football on most of the day. We relaxed, played ps3 and just had fun. Seth decided to show his uncle what its like to have a baby sneak up and steal food right off your plate. Oh well, its good for him. They are both great with Seth. I love watching them play with him. He adores his aunt and uncle!

Sunday was the big day. We got to go to Disney!! It also happened to be time change day. All those that have had little children let out a collective groan with me. Yes, we were up early. Seth was all off. He wanted supper at about 4:30. Oh well.

The first thing we did was go on a ferry to get there. Seth thought it was so neat. He enjoyed looking out the side of the ferry. His hair is getting so long (he really needs a haircut) that is blowing in the wind. Yes, I laugh at my child sometimes. Then we got into Magic Kingdom and found Mickey right away. It was great

Seth seeing Mickey was the thing about this trip that I was most excited about because I knew he would be excited. At first he saw Mickey and then wasn't sure what to think. He just stared while Mickey was with another family. Then we got up there and Seth got super excited. He just wanted to touch Mickey and kept smiling. We had trouble getting a picture of him looking forward because he wanted to see Mickey. It was everything I hoped it would be.

We went on some rides. There was one ride that I really wanted to take Seth on. I loved Its a Small World as a child and I was excited to take Seth on. He had such a big day that he fell asleep in Isaiah's arms on the line to get on and woke up once we got off. Oh well.

We had a good day. Seth had a good time. He had enough around 5. We went back and packed and came home. It was a fun, very tiring weekend. Seth and I just want to sleep today.

No comments:

Post a Comment